Litigation Friend is Hiring!
What is Litigation Friend?
Litigation Friend is a legal tech service. Helping employees get access to justice after they have been unfairly dismissed, discriminated against or treated badly by their employer. Our mission is to help employees solve their employment disputes using a unique combination of psychology, tech and legal expertise.
What is the job?
Job title: Legal Assistant. You will be assisting me, the founder of Litigation Friend, with building a new business that seeks to help employees get affordable employment law advice and access to justice.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Helping to write content for our website's blog
- Speaking to claimants and listening to their stories
- Taking notes during Tribunal hearings
- Helping to design legal tech tools
What is needed to succeed in this job?
- You are an organised and self-motivated professional, able to manage multiple projects while staying focussed on your goals.
- You are a people person - you can’t wait to get to know the people in your networks.
- You are a great communicator; you adapt your messaging for different audiences.
In order to apply you must have the following:
- Fluent English
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Interest in law and tech
It would be a massive bonus if you also had:
- Law degree or other Law course
- Experience in a volunteer/advisory role e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau
- This is a ‘Kickstart Scheme’ vacancy
- You must be a Universal Credit customer to apply (this will be verified)
- Must be aged between 16-24
- 6-month contract starting ASAP
- 25 hours per week
- Remote working and working hours flexible
- Pay: £NMW
- To apply for the vacancy please complete this application
Tara Grossman[email protected]